Jan 18, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Mets are selling old Shea Stadium seats for $869. The Yankees are selling old Yankee Stadium seats* for $1,499. Despite this, the Yankees have outsold the Mets 15,000 to 10,311.
I’d be curious to hear New Yorkers’ take on the subject, but given that the Yankee Stadium seats only date back to the mid-70s
renovation at the oldest, this can’t be a matter of some overwhelmingly
disparate historical relevance of the given seats. On a gut level this just seems about right in terms of weighted fandom.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)