Jan 18, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
The Mets are selling old Shea Stadium seats for $869. The Yankees are selling old Yankee Stadium seats* for $1,499. Despite this, the Yankees have outsold the Mets 15,000 to 10,311.
I’d be curious to hear New Yorkers’ take on the subject, but given that the Yankee Stadium seats only date back to the mid-70s
renovation at the oldest, this can’t be a matter of some overwhelmingly
disparate historical relevance of the given seats. On a gut level this just seems about right in terms of weighted fandom.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)