Jan 18, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Mets are selling old Shea Stadium seats for $869. The Yankees are selling old Yankee Stadium seats* for $1,499. Despite this, the Yankees have outsold the Mets 15,000 to 10,311.
I’d be curious to hear New Yorkers’ take on the subject, but given that the Yankee Stadium seats only date back to the mid-70s
renovation at the oldest, this can’t be a matter of some overwhelmingly
disparate historical relevance of the given seats. On a gut level this just seems about right in terms of weighted fandom.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)