Jan 19, 2010, 8:57 PM EDT
Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins received quite a scare in preparation for his upcoming wedding in Cayman Islands when an earthquake struck the Caribbean territory on Tuesday morning.
Rollins, who was at the Grand Cayman Beach for his upcoming wedding to Jahori Smith, sent a message to teammates saying he was ok. Several teammates are expected to attend the wedding scheduled for Saturday, but they reportedly have not yet arrived.
The quake, which measured 5.8 on the Richter scale, lasted about 10 seconds and forced everyone out on to the beach.
Having been through a scary earthquake myself, and with the Haiti disaster in mind, I can see how frightening this must have been. Here’s hoping everyone is OK.
And also, regarding Haiti, give money, people. They need it.
(Thanks to The Fightins)
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges