Jan 19, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told NBCPhiladelphia.com that he’s lost 56 pounds since signing a deal to do advertisements for Nutrisystem.
He’s never going to be svelte, but the 65-year-old Type 2 diabetic has gone from 286 pounds to 230 pounds in less than a year, and as you can see from the photo there’s definitely a noticeable difference.
Asked about the Nutrisystem meal plan, Manuel responded with a quote that probably won’t be used in the commercials: “Some of them are actually pretty good.”
As a longtime fatso myself I commend Manuel for dropping so much weight, because if I’m having trouble doing it at age 27 it must have been incredible tough at age 65. On the other hand I will miss his gut leading the way out to the mound for pitching changes.
Can’t wait until Nutrisystem starts their bloggers ad campaign. Weight loss has never been so sexy.
Click here to contact Aaron Gleeman or follow him on Twitter.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)