The Giants lowball Tim Lincecum with an $8 million arbitration figure

Jan 19, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT

Heyman reports that Tim Lincecum has filed an arbitration request for $13 million and that the team’s number is $8 million.  That seems like an unbelievable lowball offer by the Giants.  I think Lincecum wins. Indeed, I’d say that Lincecum would win even if he asked for $18 million and probably should have asked for more.

And wouldn’t it be a pisser if the Giants, after lowballing him, spent a half hour in an arbitration hearing arguing over that $5 million difference, alienating Lincecum and ensuring that he’d never sign a long term deal with the team?

I suppose they’ll probably settle this somewhere in the middle, but if they don’t, I’m not sure anyone’s best interests were served with these particular numbers.  Lincecum could have got more; the Giants should have offered more.

1. mandy - Jan 20, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at __Agemingle.com__ a nice and free place for Younger Women and Older Men, or Mature Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out

2. TW - Jan 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM

This is the same crystal ball that sees the Cubs winning the World Seis every year.

3. Booner - Jan 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM

To APW (Numbers freak):
    The numbers that you pulled out of your ass don’t mean anything. Bottom line: Felix Hernandez just signed for $15 million a year without winning a Cy Young – Lincecum has two Cy Youngs and is the more impressive pitcher among the two of them. He not only deserves $13 million a year but he deserves more than Hernandez received.

4. nickyb758 - Jan 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM

The mets should go after him

5. CommonNow - Jan 20, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Giants? Are they part of the Mexican league?

6. Joshua Stein - Jan 20, 2010 at 11:55 AM

You may not have noticed but the Mariners paid Hernandez a whole bunch more for a long term deal and Lincecum certainly rates in that ballpark (money wise). Maybe he’ll come home (to Seattle) after next year and if Lee decides to leave we’ll have the money. Or failing that go to the Cubs and break the curse.

7. Joshua Stein - Jan 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Nah. Minaya is the GM and he hasn’t done anything smart in years. It’s the Bavasi effect.

8. Joshua Stein - Jan 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I’d like to point out that the Z-man has reversed the Bavasi effect in just over a year. Eat your hearts out Mets fans.

9. Kerrie Whitley - Jan 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

10. Cedric Duvernois - Feb 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I would propose exercising cognitive content marketing, let me explain. You can get a video professionally created for about $47.00 97.00 (30-60 seconds) screening your quality desk drawer slide. You can even show how easily it is to destruct your contenders and blast it around over 100 internet video sites for as little as $5.00 per site to be done manualy!You can get keyword inquiry done for you professionally, identifying the keyword words that will get you a adequate amount of search volum, yes with softer competing pages. Thank you for this article! I’ve just heard a decisively stunning archive about best marketing Try it!

11. Mitchel Headly - Feb 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. WoW

12. Acai Berry Diet - May 31, 2010 at 4:33 AM

oh my god.It is huge.. $8 million budget.
    Acai Berry Diet