Jan 20, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
As we’ve passed over several dozen million dollar contracts these past few days for players I’d wager a plurality of baseball fans have never even heard of, it’s probably worth remembering how the other half live:
Baseball’s minor leaguers are getting a small raise–in the form of meal
money. MLB team owners last week approved increasing minor leaguers’
per diem to $25 from $20.
Now, I’m not sayin’ a fella couldn’t go hog-wild at Taco Bell with that kind of scratch, but it does render the line between the bush leagues and the majors fairly stark, doesn’t it?
(thanks to Pete Toms for the link)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)