Jan 20, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
As we’ve passed over several dozen million dollar contracts these past few days for players I’d wager a plurality of baseball fans have never even heard of, it’s probably worth remembering how the other half live:
Baseball’s minor leaguers are getting a small raise–in the form of meal
money. MLB team owners last week approved increasing minor leaguers’
per diem to $25 from $20.
Now, I’m not sayin’ a fella couldn’t go hog-wild at Taco Bell with that kind of scratch, but it does render the line between the bush leagues and the majors fairly stark, doesn’t it?
(thanks to Pete Toms for the link)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect