Jan 20, 2010, 4:01 PM EDT
On the same day that he filed an arbitration request of $13 million, Tim Lincecum was ordered to pay $513 in fines to resolve October marijuana charges.
Lincecum was originally charged with two misdemeanor counts of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession following an October 30 traffic stop in Washington, but the incident has been reduced to “civil infraction” status after the back-to-back Cy Young winner appeared in front of a district court judge yesterday.
Between the $513 in fines and previous money he shelled out for the speeding ticket maybe Lincecum will be motivated to settle between his $13 million request and the Giants’ $8 million figure. OK, probably not.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (80)