Jan 20, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
We’re reaching the point where only the true completists among you — the sort of people who are such big Pixies fans, for example, that they bought The Amps’ CD when it came out — will care about these signings. But dadgummit, when I start something I’m going to finish it. Unless I, you know, don’t feel like it.
- Francisco Liriano ($1.6 million), Jessee Crain ( $2 million), Brendan Harris ($3.2 million), Matt Guerrier ($3.15 million) and Pat
Neshek ($625,000). Not all of these guys were due for new contracts, actually, it’s just that when the team built the new ballpark one of those fancy automatic signature machines were included and they’re understandably going a bit nuts with it.
- Mike Napoli and Reggie Willits, Angels, $3.6 million and $625,000, respectively. Willits — who is a fifth outfielder — is lucky he was even tendered.
- We mentioned Zach Duke yesterday, but now we have the details: $4.3 million. He still hails from parts unknown, however.
- Mike Adams, Padres, $1 million. Pfun Pfact: Mike Adams is 6’5″ tall and he’s only like the fifth or sixth tallest pitcher on the team.
- Sean Green, Mets, $975,000. True story: Green scared Omar into this settlement by telling him that he’d easily win his arbitration case, what with those 42 homers he hit for the Dodgers in 2002. And he negotiated a day off for the El Malaguana holiday to boot.
- Gerald Laird, Zach Miner, Bobby Seay, Tigers, $3.95 million for Laird, $950,000 for Miner and $2.475 million for Seay. After the Valverde deal I suppose all of these look reasonable to the Tigers.
- Ramon Ramirez and Manny Delcarmen, Red Sox. $905,000 on Ramirez. Not sure about the money on Delcarmen, but I’m not his wife or accountant so it’s sort of not my problem.
- Jason Bergmann, Jesus Flores, Wil Nieves and Josh Willingham, Nationals. Willingham will make $4.6 million, Bergmann $750,000. Flores and Nieves will apparently be paid via in-kind services or stock swaps or something.
More may trickle in later today, but I think we’ve done about all we can do with the scoreboard.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)