Jan 20, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
We’re reaching the point where only the true completists among you — the sort of people who are such big Pixies fans, for example, that they bought The Amps’ CD when it came out — will care about these signings. But dadgummit, when I start something I’m going to finish it. Unless I, you know, don’t feel like it.
- Francisco Liriano ($1.6 million), Jessee Crain ( $2 million), Brendan Harris ($3.2 million), Matt Guerrier ($3.15 million) and Pat
Neshek ($625,000). Not all of these guys were due for new contracts, actually, it’s just that when the team built the new ballpark one of those fancy automatic signature machines were included and they’re understandably going a bit nuts with it.
- Mike Napoli and Reggie Willits, Angels, $3.6 million and $625,000, respectively. Willits — who is a fifth outfielder — is lucky he was even tendered.
- We mentioned Zach Duke yesterday, but now we have the details: $4.3 million. He still hails from parts unknown, however.
- Mike Adams, Padres, $1 million. Pfun Pfact: Mike Adams is 6’5″ tall and he’s only like the fifth or sixth tallest pitcher on the team.
- Sean Green, Mets, $975,000. True story: Green scared Omar into this settlement by telling him that he’d easily win his arbitration case, what with those 42 homers he hit for the Dodgers in 2002. And he negotiated a day off for the El Malaguana holiday to boot.
- Gerald Laird, Zach Miner, Bobby Seay, Tigers, $3.95 million for Laird, $950,000 for Miner and $2.475 million for Seay. After the Valverde deal I suppose all of these look reasonable to the Tigers.
- Ramon Ramirez and Manny Delcarmen, Red Sox. $905,000 on Ramirez. Not sure about the money on Delcarmen, but I’m not his wife or accountant so it’s sort of not my problem.
- Jason Bergmann, Jesus Flores, Wil Nieves and Josh Willingham, Nationals. Willingham will make $4.6 million, Bergmann $750,000. Flores and Nieves will apparently be paid via in-kind services or stock swaps or something.
More may trickle in later today, but I think we’ve done about all we can do with the scoreboard.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (301)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)