Jan 21, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Soto didn’t wait for the new year to change his eating habits. He has
dropped 40 pounds since the 2009 season ended on Oct. 4. He’ll need a
new uniform. Soto went from a size 42 waist to size 36.
“I felt I needed to do something, I felt I needed to go to the
next level,” said Soto, who had been listed in the Cubs media guide at
a polite 230 pounds. “I felt I needed to show my teammates I’m really
into this, I really want to play, I want to play hard, I’m committed to
this and I want to win.
33 pounds of that was eyebrow hair. True story.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)