Jan 21, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Matt Stairs still hoping to land a job at age 41, has dropped 31 pounds this
winter, reports ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick. Stairs has gone from 230
pounds to 199 — the lightest he’s been in about 15 years. Stairs lost the weight on the Nutrisystem program.
It’s a pretty sad comment that Charlie Manuel’s, Geovany Soto‘s and Matt Stairs’ waistlines are making me feel bad about my physical condition. In fact, it’s enough to make me want to get back into the habit of going to the gym.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)