Jan 21, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Dejan is reporting that the deal is finally done. The financial terms are still unknown, but Dejan thinks it will be for around $3 million.
Not to be a big jerk about it or anything, but CTB was the first place that linked these two kids last month when we reported that the Bucs had made Dotel a $3 million offer. Dotel isn’t a big enough fish to warrant one of those “how the deal was made” columns, but I would be curious to see how this all went down because, hey, we were probably right about that.
On a more important note, Dotel is a lock to become the Pirates’ closer given Matt Capps’ departure. Dotel hasn’t closed for a couple of years, but he still strikes out guys at a really healthy clip. For his career he’s got an 3.73 ERA and
83 saves in 122 opportunities. Because the Pirates stink he won’t get as many saves as, say, Fernando Rodney, but I bet he’ll be a better closer, especially on a by-the-dollar basis.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)