Jan 21, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
Dejan is reporting that the deal is finally done. The financial terms are still unknown, but Dejan thinks it will be for around $3 million.
Not to be a big jerk about it or anything, but CTB was the first place that linked these two kids last month when we reported that the Bucs had made Dotel a $3 million offer. Dotel isn’t a big enough fish to warrant one of those “how the deal was made” columns, but I would be curious to see how this all went down because, hey, we were probably right about that.
On a more important note, Dotel is a lock to become the Pirates’ closer given Matt Capps’ departure. Dotel hasn’t closed for a couple of years, but he still strikes out guys at a really healthy clip. For his career he’s got an 3.73 ERA and
83 saves in 122 opportunities. Because the Pirates stink he won’t get as many saves as, say, Fernando Rodney, but I bet he’ll be a better closer, especially on a by-the-dollar basis.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)