Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
I heard someone say the other day that if they remade “Back to the Future” today, Marty McFly would only go back to 1980. I’m not sure anything has made me feel as old as that in some time, but this comes close:
As soon as Vizquel steps onto the field in 2010, he will become one of
a select few MLB players to play in four separate decades . . .Vizquel, Jamie Moyer and Ken Griffey Jr. are all under contract for
next season, making them all but locks to join the club. Two others
searching for contracts — John Smoltz and Gary Sheffield — are likely
to do the same.
An Ohio State sweatshirt I wore just yesterday joined the four-decade club this month as well. I’ve driven a car and kissed a girl and drank a beer in four different decades too. I still call Griffey “Kid” sometimes.
I think I’m going spend a lot of the day staring out a window wondering where time has gone.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)