Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
I heard someone say the other day that if they remade “Back to the Future” today, Marty McFly would only go back to 1980. I’m not sure anything has made me feel as old as that in some time, but this comes close:
As soon as Vizquel steps onto the field in 2010, he will become one of
a select few MLB players to play in four separate decades . . .Vizquel, Jamie Moyer and Ken Griffey Jr. are all under contract for
next season, making them all but locks to join the club. Two others
searching for contracts — John Smoltz and Gary Sheffield — are likely
to do the same.
An Ohio State sweatshirt I wore just yesterday joined the four-decade club this month as well. I’ve driven a car and kissed a girl and drank a beer in four different decades too. I still call Griffey “Kid” sometimes.
I think I’m going spend a lot of the day staring out a window wondering where time has gone.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?