Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
I heard someone say the other day that if they remade “Back to the Future” today, Marty McFly would only go back to 1980. I’m not sure anything has made me feel as old as that in some time, but this comes close:
As soon as Vizquel steps onto the field in 2010, he will become one of
a select few MLB players to play in four separate decades . . .Vizquel, Jamie Moyer and Ken Griffey Jr. are all under contract for
next season, making them all but locks to join the club. Two others
searching for contracts — John Smoltz and Gary Sheffield — are likely
to do the same.
An Ohio State sweatshirt I wore just yesterday joined the four-decade club this month as well. I’ve driven a car and kissed a girl and drank a beer in four different decades too. I still call Griffey “Kid” sometimes.
I think I’m going spend a lot of the day staring out a window wondering where time has gone.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)