Jan 22, 2010, 5:58 PM EST
Cincinnati Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo is heading to Tappan, New York this weekend for a cameo role in an independent film. Former Red Eduardo Perez will also make an appearance. The film, called “Goat,” is about a young man struggling to recover from a brutal attack after pledging to a fraternity.
The two will appear alongside Armand Assante, Ice-T, and Sopranos’ alum William DeMeo and Vincent Pastore.
Ice-T’s best film performance of all time was in “Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo” and I will not accept any arguments to the contrary. His neon-clad performance during the concert to save the Help Center spoke to me. And I’m not gonna lie: I had a crush on Lucinda Dickey who, despite her later star turn in “Cheerleader Camp,” will always be Kelly to me.
How many days until pitchers and catchers report again?
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)