Jan 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Indians third base coach Steve Smith and his 23-year-old daughter will be among the 11 teams competing for $1 million in the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race” on CBS.
The show was actually taped last year, but Smith has kept a lid on the results and episodes premiere next month. He joined new manager Manny Acta’s staff this offseason after holding the same position for the World Series-winning Phillies in 2008.
All of which got me thinking about baseball pairings that I’d like to see on the reality show. For instance, a team of Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens would probably work really well together. Or how about Milton Bradley and Carl Everett?
Surely you guys can come up with some good suggestions …
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)