Jan 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Indians third base coach Steve Smith and his 23-year-old daughter will be among the 11 teams competing for $1 million in the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race” on CBS.
The show was actually taped last year, but Smith has kept a lid on the results and episodes premiere next month. He joined new manager Manny Acta’s staff this offseason after holding the same position for the World Series-winning Phillies in 2008.
All of which got me thinking about baseball pairings that I’d like to see on the reality show. For instance, a team of Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens would probably work really well together. Or how about Milton Bradley and Carl Everett?
Surely you guys can come up with some good suggestions …
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)