Jan 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EST
Indians third base coach Steve Smith and his 23-year-old daughter will be among the 11 teams competing for $1 million in the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race” on CBS.
The show was actually taped last year, but Smith has kept a lid on the results and episodes premiere next month. He joined new manager Manny Acta’s staff this offseason after holding the same position for the World Series-winning Phillies in 2008.
All of which got me thinking about baseball pairings that I’d like to see on the reality show. For instance, a team of Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens would probably work really well together. Or how about Milton Bradley and Carl Everett?
Surely you guys can come up with some good suggestions …
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)