Jan 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Indians third base coach Steve Smith and his 23-year-old daughter will be among the 11 teams competing for $1 million in the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race” on CBS.
The show was actually taped last year, but Smith has kept a lid on the results and episodes premiere next month. He joined new manager Manny Acta’s staff this offseason after holding the same position for the World Series-winning Phillies in 2008.
All of which got me thinking about baseball pairings that I’d like to see on the reality show. For instance, a team of Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens would probably work really well together. Or how about Milton Bradley and Carl Everett?
Surely you guys can come up with some good suggestions …
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)