Jan 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Indians third base coach Steve Smith and his 23-year-old daughter will be among the 11 teams competing for $1 million in the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race” on CBS.
The show was actually taped last year, but Smith has kept a lid on the results and episodes premiere next month. He joined new manager Manny Acta’s staff this offseason after holding the same position for the World Series-winning Phillies in 2008.
All of which got me thinking about baseball pairings that I’d like to see on the reality show. For instance, a team of Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens would probably work really well together. Or how about Milton Bradley and Carl Everett?
Surely you guys can come up with some good suggestions …
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)