Jan 22, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Heyman tweets it. Details to come later.
I can only hope for the Mets’ sake that the Angels are either throwing in someone useful or else they’re eating a bunch of that money (UPDATE: Heyman says they will eat a lot of money).
Either way, this smells like panic over the Carlos Beltran knee thing. Why not sign Johnny Damon? He’s not going to cost that much and, unlike Matthews, will actually, you know, hit.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69