Jan 22, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Heyman tweets it. Details to come later.
I can only hope for the Mets’ sake that the Angels are either throwing in someone useful or else they’re eating a bunch of that money (UPDATE: Heyman says they will eat a lot of money).
Either way, this smells like panic over the Carlos Beltran knee thing. Why not sign Johnny Damon? He’s not going to cost that much and, unlike Matthews, will actually, you know, hit.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot