Jan 22, 2010, 10:40 AM EST
Heyman tweets it. Details to come later.
I can only hope for the Mets’ sake that the Angels are either throwing in someone useful or else they’re eating a bunch of that money (UPDATE: Heyman says they will eat a lot of money).
Either way, this smells like panic over the Carlos Beltran knee thing. Why not sign Johnny Damon? He’s not going to cost that much and, unlike Matthews, will actually, you know, hit.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)