Jan 22, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas — via Jorge Arangure’s twitter feed — reports that the Phillies have signed Jose Contreras to a one year deal.
But it’s Philly. The Phillies rotation shapes up as Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and maybe Jamie Moyer. If Moyer either recovers slowly from his post-op infection trouble or if he suddenly realizes that he’s 124 years old, Contreras represents a genuine youth movement for the fifth slot. If Moyer comes back and looks like a starter again, maybe Contreras comes out of the pen.
And heck, who’s to say we won’t see Pedro again?
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20