Jan 22, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas — via Jorge Arangure’s twitter feed — reports that the Phillies have signed Jose Contreras to a one year deal.
But it’s Philly. The Phillies rotation shapes up as Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and maybe Jamie Moyer. If Moyer either recovers slowly from his post-op infection trouble or if he suddenly realizes that he’s 124 years old, Contreras represents a genuine youth movement for the fifth slot. If Moyer comes back and looks like a starter again, maybe Contreras comes out of the pen.
And heck, who’s to say we won’t see Pedro again?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)