Jan 22, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas — via Jorge Arangure’s twitter feed — reports that the Phillies have signed Jose Contreras to a one year deal.
But it’s Philly. The Phillies rotation shapes up as Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and maybe Jamie Moyer. If Moyer either recovers slowly from his post-op infection trouble or if he suddenly realizes that he’s 124 years old, Contreras represents a genuine youth movement for the fifth slot. If Moyer comes back and looks like a starter again, maybe Contreras comes out of the pen.
And heck, who’s to say we won’t see Pedro again?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)