Jan 22, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas — via Jorge Arangure’s twitter feed — reports that the Phillies have signed Jose Contreras to a one year deal.
But it’s Philly. The Phillies rotation shapes up as Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and maybe Jamie Moyer. If Moyer either recovers slowly from his post-op infection trouble or if he suddenly realizes that he’s 124 years old, Contreras represents a genuine youth movement for the fifth slot. If Moyer comes back and looks like a starter again, maybe Contreras comes out of the pen.
And heck, who’s to say we won’t see Pedro again?
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)