Jan 22, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
Enrique Rojas — via Jorge Arangure’s twitter feed — reports that the Phillies have signed Jose Contreras to a one year deal.
But it’s Philly. The Phillies rotation shapes up as Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and maybe Jamie Moyer. If Moyer either recovers slowly from his post-op infection trouble or if he suddenly realizes that he’s 124 years old, Contreras represents a genuine youth movement for the fifth slot. If Moyer comes back and looks like a starter again, maybe Contreras comes out of the pen.
And heck, who’s to say we won’t see Pedro again?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)