Jan 22, 2010, 4:31 PM EST
‘Duk at Big League Stew puts lie to the notion that the 1990s was some golden era of back-to-basics uniform styles by highlighting the worst baseball fashions of the decade.
Was there anything as bad as the White Sox’ shorts? Nah, but there were some ugly stuff happening back then, most of it rooted in the solid-jerseys/white-pants school of thought. And we’re still suffering the hangover of that unfortunate sartorial cul-de-sac.
First the open letter writers, then the people who thought mismatched separates was a good idea for a ballplayer.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)