Jan 22, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
‘Duk at Big League Stew puts lie to the notion that the 1990s was some golden era of back-to-basics uniform styles by highlighting the worst baseball fashions of the decade.
Was there anything as bad as the White Sox’ shorts? Nah, but there were some ugly stuff happening back then, most of it rooted in the solid-jerseys/white-pants school of thought. And we’re still suffering the hangover of that unfortunate sartorial cul-de-sac.
First the open letter writers, then the people who thought mismatched separates was a good idea for a ballplayer.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)