Jan 22, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
‘Duk at Big League Stew puts lie to the notion that the 1990s was some golden era of back-to-basics uniform styles by highlighting the worst baseball fashions of the decade.
Was there anything as bad as the White Sox’ shorts? Nah, but there were some ugly stuff happening back then, most of it rooted in the solid-jerseys/white-pants school of thought. And we’re still suffering the hangover of that unfortunate sartorial cul-de-sac.
First the open letter writers, then the people who thought mismatched separates was a good idea for a ballplayer.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 0
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 17
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)