Jan 22, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
‘Duk at Big League Stew puts lie to the notion that the 1990s was some golden era of back-to-basics uniform styles by highlighting the worst baseball fashions of the decade.
Was there anything as bad as the White Sox’ shorts? Nah, but there were some ugly stuff happening back then, most of it rooted in the solid-jerseys/white-pants school of thought. And we’re still suffering the hangover of that unfortunate sartorial cul-de-sac.
First the open letter writers, then the people who thought mismatched separates was a good idea for a ballplayer.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)