Jan 22, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
‘Duk at Big League Stew puts lie to the notion that the 1990s was some golden era of back-to-basics uniform styles by highlighting the worst baseball fashions of the decade.
Was there anything as bad as the White Sox’ shorts? Nah, but there were some ugly stuff happening back then, most of it rooted in the solid-jerseys/white-pants school of thought. And we’re still suffering the hangover of that unfortunate sartorial cul-de-sac.
First the open letter writers, then the people who thought mismatched separates was a good idea for a ballplayer.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)