Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago some unnamed people “hanging out” at the Hard Rock in Vegas said that Jason Giambi was going to be staying with the Colorado Rockies. People loitering around casinos: is there nothing they don’t know?
Jason Giambi is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Rockies, reports ESPN’s Andrew Marchand.
Terms are unknown, but it’s likely to be an incentive-laded contract.
Giambi will no doubt be (a) pinch-hitting; (b) backing up Todd Helton; and (b) DHing during interleague play. That’s not a ton of work for the guy, but given that he’s 39 and is coming off a season
in which he hit just .201/.343/.382 in 102 games, he’s lucky to have a job at all.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 20
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)