Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago some unnamed people “hanging out” at the Hard Rock in Vegas said that Jason Giambi was going to be staying with the Colorado Rockies. People loitering around casinos: is there nothing they don’t know?
Jason Giambi is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Rockies, reports ESPN’s Andrew Marchand.
Terms are unknown, but it’s likely to be an incentive-laded contract.
Giambi will no doubt be (a) pinch-hitting; (b) backing up Todd Helton; and (b) DHing during interleague play. That’s not a ton of work for the guy, but given that he’s 39 and is coming off a season
in which he hit just .201/.343/.382 in 102 games, he’s lucky to have a job at all.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)