Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
A couple of weeks ago some unnamed people “hanging out” at the Hard Rock in Vegas said that Jason Giambi was going to be staying with the Colorado Rockies. People loitering around casinos: is there nothing they don’t know?
Jason Giambi is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Rockies, reports ESPN’s Andrew Marchand.
Terms are unknown, but it’s likely to be an incentive-laded contract.
Giambi will no doubt be (a) pinch-hitting; (b) backing up Todd Helton; and (b) DHing during interleague play. That’s not a ton of work for the guy, but given that he’s 39 and is coming off a season
in which he hit just .201/.343/.382 in 102 games, he’s lucky to have a job at all.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)