Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago some unnamed people “hanging out” at the Hard Rock in Vegas said that Jason Giambi was going to be staying with the Colorado Rockies. People loitering around casinos: is there nothing they don’t know?
Jason Giambi is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Rockies, reports ESPN’s Andrew Marchand.
Terms are unknown, but it’s likely to be an incentive-laded contract.
Giambi will no doubt be (a) pinch-hitting; (b) backing up Todd Helton; and (b) DHing during interleague play. That’s not a ton of work for the guy, but given that he’s 39 and is coming off a season
in which he hit just .201/.343/.382 in 102 games, he’s lucky to have a job at all.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)