Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago some unnamed people “hanging out” at the Hard Rock in Vegas said that Jason Giambi was going to be staying with the Colorado Rockies. People loitering around casinos: is there nothing they don’t know?
Jason Giambi is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Rockies, reports ESPN’s Andrew Marchand.
Terms are unknown, but it’s likely to be an incentive-laded contract.
Giambi will no doubt be (a) pinch-hitting; (b) backing up Todd Helton; and (b) DHing during interleague play. That’s not a ton of work for the guy, but given that he’s 39 and is coming off a season
in which he hit just .201/.343/.382 in 102 games, he’s lucky to have a job at all.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)