Jan 23, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Jon Heyman hears that Tejada’s one-year deal is worth $6 million
and contains some performance bonuses.
It’s a one year deal, and the terms have yet to be announced. Tejada will almost certainly play third, as , Andy MacPhail has said that he would prefer to play Garret Atkins at first base.
Assuming he’s not getting too much dough, Tejada makes a nice stopgap until top
prospect Josh Bell is ready for the majors. And hey, if Tejada plays well and the Orioles are out of it, they may be able to get something for the guy at the trade deadlines.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)