Jan 23, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Jon Heyman hears that Tejada’s one-year deal is worth $6 million
and contains some performance bonuses.
It’s a one year deal, and the terms have yet to be announced. Tejada will almost certainly play third, as , Andy MacPhail has said that he would prefer to play Garret Atkins at first base.
Assuming he’s not getting too much dough, Tejada makes a nice stopgap until top
prospect Josh Bell is ready for the majors. And hey, if Tejada plays well and the Orioles are out of it, they may be able to get something for the guy at the trade deadlines.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 8
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 15
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)