Jan 23, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Jon Heyman hears that Tejada’s one-year deal is worth $6 million
and contains some performance bonuses.
It’s a one year deal, and the terms have yet to be announced. Tejada will almost certainly play third, as , Andy MacPhail has said that he would prefer to play Garret Atkins at first base.
Assuming he’s not getting too much dough, Tejada makes a nice stopgap until top
prospect Josh Bell is ready for the majors. And hey, if Tejada plays well and the Orioles are out of it, they may be able to get something for the guy at the trade deadlines.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)