Jan 23, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Jon Heyman hears that Tejada’s one-year deal is worth $6 million
and contains some performance bonuses.
It’s a one year deal, and the terms have yet to be announced. Tejada will almost certainly play third, as , Andy MacPhail has said that he would prefer to play Garret Atkins at first base.
Assuming he’s not getting too much dough, Tejada makes a nice stopgap until top
prospect Josh Bell is ready for the majors. And hey, if Tejada plays well and the Orioles are out of it, they may be able to get something for the guy at the trade deadlines.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)