Jan 23, 2010, 2:43 PM EST
Jon Heyman hears that Tejada’s one-year deal is worth $6 million
and contains some performance bonuses.
It’s a one year deal, and the terms have yet to be announced. Tejada will almost certainly play third, as , Andy MacPhail has said that he would prefer to play Garret Atkins at first base.
Assuming he’s not getting too much dough, Tejada makes a nice stopgap until top
prospect Josh Bell is ready for the majors. And hey, if Tejada plays well and the Orioles are out of it, they may be able to get something for the guy at the trade deadlines.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)