Jan 24, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
Update: Well, that didn’t last long. In a conversation with Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald this afternoon, Curt Schilling denied that he is attempting a comeback:
“Nope,” he said.
Carry on, everyone.
1:47 pm: One of his tweets this afternoon may lead some people to think so:
“Working out again…..not sure I can add anything to that other than I feel it in every fiber of my being, every step I take….”
Schilling, who turned 43 in November, hasn’t appeared in the majors since Game 2 of the 2007 World Series against the Rockies.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 49
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)