Jan 24, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
Update: Well, that didn’t last long. In a conversation with Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald this afternoon, Curt Schilling denied that he is attempting a comeback:
“Nope,” he said.
Carry on, everyone.
1:47 pm: One of his tweets this afternoon may lead some people to think so:
“Working out again…..not sure I can add anything to that other than I feel it in every fiber of my being, every step I take….”
Schilling, who turned 43 in November, hasn’t appeared in the majors since Game 2 of the 2007 World Series against the Rockies.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39