Jan 24, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
Update: Well, that didn’t last long. In a conversation with Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald this afternoon, Curt Schilling denied that he is attempting a comeback:
“Nope,” he said.
Carry on, everyone.
1:47 pm: One of his tweets this afternoon may lead some people to think so:
“Working out again…..not sure I can add anything to that other than I feel it in every fiber of my being, every step I take….”
Schilling, who turned 43 in November, hasn’t appeared in the majors since Game 2 of the 2007 World Series against the Rockies.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)