Jan 24, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
Update: Well, that didn’t last long. In a conversation with Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald this afternoon, Curt Schilling denied that he is attempting a comeback:
”Nope,” he said.
Carry on, everyone.
1:47 pm: One of his tweets this afternoon may lead some people to think so:
“Working out again…..not sure I can add anything to that other than I feel it in every fiber of my being, every step I take….”
Schilling, who turned 43 in November, hasn’t appeared in the majors since Game 2 of the 2007 World Series against the Rockies.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)