Jan 25, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned yesterday, Jeff Francoeur won the “Good Guy Award” at the BBWAA dinner the other night. Really, that’s the name of the award. As described by Brian Costa of the Star-Ledger, it’s given for being, you know, a good guy.
Must be a single-year award only, because guys who repeatedly fail to listen to their coaches, get sent to the minors to figure it out, whine about it and force the team to call you back up after three days aren’t good guys in my book.
But no, I’m not holding any grudges or anything.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)