Jan 25, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
As D.J. mentioned yesterday, Jeff Francoeur won the “Good Guy Award” at the BBWAA dinner the other night. Really, that’s the name of the award. As described by Brian Costa of the Star-Ledger, it’s given for being, you know, a good guy.
Must be a single-year award only, because guys who repeatedly fail to listen to their coaches, get sent to the minors to figure it out, whine about it and force the team to call you back up after three days aren’t good guys in my book.
But no, I’m not holding any grudges or anything.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)