Jan 25, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned yesterday, Jeff Francoeur won the “Good Guy Award” at the BBWAA dinner the other night. Really, that’s the name of the award. As described by Brian Costa of the Star-Ledger, it’s given for being, you know, a good guy.
Must be a single-year award only, because guys who repeatedly fail to listen to their coaches, get sent to the minors to figure it out, whine about it and force the team to call you back up after three days aren’t good guys in my book.
But no, I’m not holding any grudges or anything.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)