Jan 25, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned yesterday, Jeff Francoeur won the “Good Guy Award” at the BBWAA dinner the other night. Really, that’s the name of the award. As described by Brian Costa of the Star-Ledger, it’s given for being, you know, a good guy.
Must be a single-year award only, because guys who repeatedly fail to listen to their coaches, get sent to the minors to figure it out, whine about it and force the team to call you back up after three days aren’t good guys in my book.
But no, I’m not holding any grudges or anything.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)