Jan 25, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Nationals have signed former Braves left-hander Chuck James to a minor league deal.
James, 28, will be attempted a comeback after undergoing shuolder and rotator cuff surgery in Sept. 2008 and missing all of last season. He was last seen going 2-5 with a 9.10 ERA in seven starts before getting hurt in 2008, but he went 22-14 with a 4.00 ERA in 286 innings as a major leaguer from 2005-07.
Given that he hasn’t pitched in a game in a year and a half, James almost certainly will need some minor league time at the beginning of 2010. Still, he could turn into a candidate for Washington’s rotation come May or June.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)