Jan 25, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Nationals have signed former Braves left-hander Chuck James to a minor league deal.
James, 28, will be attempted a comeback after undergoing shuolder and rotator cuff surgery in Sept. 2008 and missing all of last season. He was last seen going 2-5 with a 9.10 ERA in seven starts before getting hurt in 2008, but he went 22-14 with a 4.00 ERA in 286 innings as a major leaguer from 2005-07.
Given that he hasn’t pitched in a game in a year and a half, James almost certainly will need some minor league time at the beginning of 2010. Still, he could turn into a candidate for Washington’s rotation come May or June.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)