Jan 25, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
“I’ve heard the point made that now you take urine samples to make sure
you haven’t taken drugs, where in 20 years you might take urine samples
to make sure you took your drugs. This idea is approaching. Attitudes
– Andrzej Bartke, one of the world’s
leading experts on HGH, in a pretty darn interesting article by Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star which raises the question: when we get to a point where people are safely taking growth hormone and steroids under a doctor’s supervision, what will our objection be to PEDs in sports?
The kicker: we’re almost to that point.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39