Jan 25, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
With Johnny Damon this time. Here’s Madden at the Daily News:
Still, as recently as a couple of days ago, there was renewed
dialogue between Damon, Boras and the Yankees in which the Yankees made
one last attempt to have a good Yankee remain a Yankee.
“Tell us your bottom line for what you’re willing to play for,” they
said, “and if it’s in the realm of where our budget needs to be we can
go to ownership and see if something can be worked out.” But instead of giving them a
number, Boras came back with more of his patented “mystery team”
hogwash, claiming he had a couple of other offers they were still
I can’t believe he’s still pulling the “mystery team” garbage. Sure, it still works on the Cardinals, but you’d figure every other team would know how ridiculous a gambit it truly is by now. I mean, it’s become so transparent that not even Heyman bit this time.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming