Jan 26, 2010, 8:44 PM EST
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers and closer Frank Francisco avoided arbitration Tuesday by agreeing to a $3.265 million contract for the 2010 season.
Francisco requested $3.6 million from the Rangers and was offered $3 million when
arbitration figures were exchanged last week. He had an impressive 1.11 WHIP and 57/15 K/BB ratio last season while collecting 25 saves, but the right-hander did struggle to stay healthy. C.J. Wilson may be breathing down his neck this season if the injury bug bites again.
Right-hander Scott Feldman is the only remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible Ranger.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)