Jan 26, 2010, 8:44 PM EDT
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers and closer Frank Francisco avoided arbitration Tuesday by agreeing to a $3.265 million contract for the 2010 season.
Francisco requested $3.6 million from the Rangers and was offered $3 million when
arbitration figures were exchanged last week. He had an impressive 1.11 WHIP and 57/15 K/BB ratio last season while collecting 25 saves, but the right-hander did struggle to stay healthy. C.J. Wilson may be breathing down his neck this season if the injury bug bites again.
Right-hander Scott Feldman is the only remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible Ranger.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims