Jan 26, 2010, 8:44 PM EDT
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers and closer Frank Francisco avoided arbitration Tuesday by agreeing to a $3.265 million contract for the 2010 season.
Francisco requested $3.6 million from the Rangers and was offered $3 million when
arbitration figures were exchanged last week. He had an impressive 1.11 WHIP and 57/15 K/BB ratio last season while collecting 25 saves, but the right-hander did struggle to stay healthy. C.J. Wilson may be breathing down his neck this season if the injury bug bites again.
Right-hander Scott Feldman is the only remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible Ranger.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)