Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s Xavier Nady. The dimensions will stay 355-368-400-368-353.
12:20 P.M.: Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the Cubs “appear close to adding outfield depth.”
That could mean that they’re going to sign Johnny Gomes or Jermaine Dye or Xavier Nady or someone. It could also mean that they’ve removed the bleachers and scoreboard and it’s now 440 to dead centerfield.
We’ll let you know which one it is as soon as we hear anything.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)