Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s Xavier Nady. The dimensions will stay 355-368-400-368-353.
12:20 P.M.: Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the Cubs “appear close to adding outfield depth.”
That could mean that they’re going to sign Johnny Gomes or Jermaine Dye or Xavier Nady or someone. It could also mean that they’ve removed the bleachers and scoreboard and it’s now 440 to dead centerfield.
We’ll let you know which one it is as soon as we hear anything.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)