Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s Xavier Nady. The dimensions will stay 355-368-400-368-353.
12:20 P.M.: Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the Cubs “appear close to adding outfield depth.”
That could mean that they’re going to sign Johnny Gomes or Jermaine Dye or Xavier Nady or someone. It could also mean that they’ve removed the bleachers and scoreboard and it’s now 440 to dead centerfield.
We’ll let you know which one it is as soon as we hear anything.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)