Jan 26, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
FSN-Houston’s Greg Lucas on Wandy Rodriguez’s upcoming arbitration with the Astros:
Rodriguez doesn’t lose no matter what
the decision is. He made about $2.6 million in 2010. No wonder an awful lot of
baseball owners rue the day they agreed to arbitration to settle contract
disputes. The players always win. The owners offer raises-in Wandy’s case almost
doubling his salary–but may have to pay even more if the arbitrator rules
The scoreboard may show the owners “winning” a decent percentage of
the actual arbitrator’s decisions, but they still pay out more money than they
had the year before.
Darn employees wanting raises! Why I, Greg Lucas, have made the same salary since the day I was hired to grease the Linotype machines with whale fat at the gone but not forgotten Houston Press-Picayune-Tattler back in Nineteen-dickety-six!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)