Jan 27, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Ixnay, Andre, or else we’re all going to have to take back that stuff about how classy and professional you are:
“The Hall clearly stated their major concern is the history of the
game, and that’s what really played into their decision,” Dawson said.
“I’m disappointed. I can probably say that, because Chicago was my
“I received a letter prior to the voting, and it was
my understanding they would make the determination [after] sitting down
and discussing it . . . And I just thought it would carry a little more
weight than it did.”
Dawson was asked if he might put on a Cubs hat during his induction speech.
“To be honest with you, I thought about that,” he said. “It was a tough night for me sleeping [Tuesday].
Dawson says he’s not going to show anyone up at the induction or anything, and I take him at his word, but really, this needs to stop. His beef with the Expos revolves around some stupid business decisions that were made nearly 25 years ago, the authors of which are now long gone. Meanwhile, there are thousands of Expos fans who had their franchise ripped away from them to whom Dawson’s induction as an Expo means the world.
Your battle with the Expos is over, Andre. You won. Feel free to acknowledge your time with the Cubs any way you’d like, but in doing so, try not to disappoint the Expos fans who, quite frankly, need you more.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (86)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)