Jan 27, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Ixnay, Andre, or else we’re all going to have to take back that stuff about how classy and professional you are:
“The Hall clearly stated their major concern is the history of the
game, and that’s what really played into their decision,” Dawson said.
“I’m disappointed. I can probably say that, because Chicago was my
“I received a letter prior to the voting, and it was
my understanding they would make the determination [after] sitting down
and discussing it . . . And I just thought it would carry a little more
weight than it did.”
Dawson was asked if he might put on a Cubs hat during his induction speech.
“To be honest with you, I thought about that,” he said. “It was a tough night for me sleeping [Tuesday].
Dawson says he’s not going to show anyone up at the induction or anything, and I take him at his word, but really, this needs to stop. His beef with the Expos revolves around some stupid business decisions that were made nearly 25 years ago, the authors of which are now long gone. Meanwhile, there are thousands of Expos fans who had their franchise ripped away from them to whom Dawson’s induction as an Expo means the world.
Your battle with the Expos is over, Andre. You won. Feel free to acknowledge your time with the Cubs any way you’d like, but in doing so, try not to disappoint the Expos fans who, quite frankly, need you more.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)