Jan 27, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Ixnay, Andre, or else we’re all going to have to take back that stuff about how classy and professional you are:
“The Hall clearly stated their major concern is the history of the
game, and that’s what really played into their decision,” Dawson said.
“I’m disappointed. I can probably say that, because Chicago was my
“I received a letter prior to the voting, and it was
my understanding they would make the determination [after] sitting down
and discussing it . . . And I just thought it would carry a little more
weight than it did.”
Dawson was asked if he might put on a Cubs hat during his induction speech.
“To be honest with you, I thought about that,” he said. “It was a tough night for me sleeping [Tuesday].
Dawson says he’s not going to show anyone up at the induction or anything, and I take him at his word, but really, this needs to stop. His beef with the Expos revolves around some stupid business decisions that were made nearly 25 years ago, the authors of which are now long gone. Meanwhile, there are thousands of Expos fans who had their franchise ripped away from them to whom Dawson’s induction as an Expo means the world.
Your battle with the Expos is over, Andre. You won. Feel free to acknowledge your time with the Cubs any way you’d like, but in doing so, try not to disappoint the Expos fans who, quite frankly, need you more.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (117)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)