Jan 27, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
All I ask is for a tall ship and a star to steer her by! Well, at least a couple stars, according to USA Today:
Good news, baseball fans: MSC Cruises says it will hold another round of ‘baseball greats’ voyages next winter in the Caribbean. The
seven-night, baseball-themed sailings, to be headlined by well-known
players from decades past, will take place on the 3,010-passenger MSC
Poesia out of Fort Lauderdale . . . The line has yet to announce the list of players participating in next
winter’s voyages, but the current trips feature such former Major
League names as Ken Griffey Sr., Vida Blue, Cookie Rojas and Amos Otis.
Other players Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli. Oh, and former Yankees-White Sox-A’s-Expos-Angels-Phillies pitcher Stan Bahnsen, who is booked on every single cruise (all the others are one-offs). I can only assume that Bahnsen is actually employed as the ship’s purser or something and the fact that he’s a former ballplayer is just a coincidence.
I’d be inclined to set a course for adventure on one of these bad boys if it weren’t for two things: (1) Jay at Fack Youk’s story about almost dying during his semester at sea scared the tuna salad out of me this morning; and (2) I’d probably get stuck with the awful, dramatic storyline involving a complicated May-December romance with Cookie Rojas, while everyone else would get the comedy storyline with Vicki, Issac Amos Otis and everyone else.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40