Jan 27, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
All I ask is for a tall ship and a star to steer her by! Well, at least a couple stars, according to USA Today:
Good news, baseball fans: MSC Cruises says it will hold another round of ‘baseball greats’ voyages next winter in the Caribbean. The
seven-night, baseball-themed sailings, to be headlined by well-known
players from decades past, will take place on the 3,010-passenger MSC
Poesia out of Fort Lauderdale . . . The line has yet to announce the list of players participating in next
winter’s voyages, but the current trips feature such former Major
League names as Ken Griffey Sr., Vida Blue, Cookie Rojas and Amos Otis.
Other players Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli. Oh, and former Yankees-White Sox-A’s-Expos-Angels-Phillies pitcher Stan Bahnsen, who is booked on every single cruise (all the others are one-offs). I can only assume that Bahnsen is actually employed as the ship’s purser or something and the fact that he’s a former ballplayer is just a coincidence.
I’d be inclined to set a course for adventure on one of these bad boys if it weren’t for two things: (1) Jay at Fack Youk’s story about almost dying during his semester at sea scared the tuna salad out of me this morning; and (2) I’d probably get stuck with the awful, dramatic storyline involving a complicated May-December romance with Cookie Rojas, while everyone else would get the comedy storyline with Vicki, Issac Amos Otis and everyone else.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)