Jan 27, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
All I ask is for a tall ship and a star to steer her by! Well, at least a couple stars, according to USA Today:
Good news, baseball fans: MSC Cruises says it will hold another round of ‘baseball greats’ voyages next winter in the Caribbean. The
seven-night, baseball-themed sailings, to be headlined by well-known
players from decades past, will take place on the 3,010-passenger MSC
Poesia out of Fort Lauderdale . . . The line has yet to announce the list of players participating in next
winter’s voyages, but the current trips feature such former Major
League names as Ken Griffey Sr., Vida Blue, Cookie Rojas and Amos Otis.
Other players Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli. Oh, and former Yankees-White Sox-A’s-Expos-Angels-Phillies pitcher Stan Bahnsen, who is booked on every single cruise (all the others are one-offs). I can only assume that Bahnsen is actually employed as the ship’s purser or something and the fact that he’s a former ballplayer is just a coincidence.
I’d be inclined to set a course for adventure on one of these bad boys if it weren’t for two things: (1) Jay at Fack Youk’s story about almost dying during his semester at sea scared the tuna salad out of me this morning; and (2) I’d probably get stuck with the awful, dramatic storyline involving a complicated May-December romance with Cookie Rojas, while everyone else would get the comedy storyline with Vicki, Issac Amos Otis and everyone else.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 201
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (206)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)