Jan 27, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
All I ask is for a tall ship and a star to steer her by! Well, at least a couple stars, according to USA Today:
Good news, baseball fans: MSC Cruises says it will hold another round of ‘baseball greats’ voyages next winter in the Caribbean. The
seven-night, baseball-themed sailings, to be headlined by well-known
players from decades past, will take place on the 3,010-passenger MSC
Poesia out of Fort Lauderdale . . . The line has yet to announce the list of players participating in next
winter’s voyages, but the current trips feature such former Major
League names as Ken Griffey Sr., Vida Blue, Cookie Rojas and Amos Otis.
Other players Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli. Oh, and former Yankees-White Sox-A’s-Expos-Angels-Phillies pitcher Stan Bahnsen, who is booked on every single cruise (all the others are one-offs). I can only assume that Bahnsen is actually employed as the ship’s purser or something and the fact that he’s a former ballplayer is just a coincidence.
I’d be inclined to set a course for adventure on one of these bad boys if it weren’t for two things: (1) Jay at Fack Youk’s story about almost dying during his semester at sea scared the tuna salad out of me this morning; and (2) I’d probably get stuck with the awful, dramatic storyline involving a complicated May-December romance with Cookie Rojas, while everyone else would get the comedy storyline with Vicki, Issac Amos Otis and everyone else.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)