Jan 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Yahoo’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants haven’t talked to Tim Lincecum’s people about settling their arbitration case yet. This makes no sense to me given that Lincecum’s quite reasonable $13 million demand is bound to carry the day.
The math to me seems simple: the Giants can let Lincecum get his $13 million award and set themselves up for a demand approaching, I dunno, $18-20 million for next year alone, or they can try and settle by offering him something like a two-year, $25 million deal right now and save themselves a bunch of money.
It’s not my team, but if I was Mr. Sabean I’d be negotiating right now.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)