Jan 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EST
Yahoo’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants haven’t talked to Tim Lincecum’s people about settling their arbitration case yet. This makes no sense to me given that Lincecum’s quite reasonable $13 million demand is bound to carry the day.
The math to me seems simple: the Giants can let Lincecum get his $13 million award and set themselves up for a demand approaching, I dunno, $18-20 million for next year alone, or they can try and settle by offering him something like a two-year, $25 million deal right now and save themselves a bunch of money.
It’s not my team, but if I was Mr. Sabean I’d be negotiating right now.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)