Jan 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Yahoo’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants haven’t talked to Tim Lincecum’s people about settling their arbitration case yet. This makes no sense to me given that Lincecum’s quite reasonable $13 million demand is bound to carry the day.
The math to me seems simple: the Giants can let Lincecum get his $13 million award and set themselves up for a demand approaching, I dunno, $18-20 million for next year alone, or they can try and settle by offering him something like a two-year, $25 million deal right now and save themselves a bunch of money.
It’s not my team, but if I was Mr. Sabean I’d be negotiating right now.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)