Jan 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Yahoo’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants haven’t talked to Tim Lincecum’s people about settling their arbitration case yet. This makes no sense to me given that Lincecum’s quite reasonable $13 million demand is bound to carry the day.
The math to me seems simple: the Giants can let Lincecum get his $13 million award and set themselves up for a demand approaching, I dunno, $18-20 million for next year alone, or they can try and settle by offering him something like a two-year, $25 million deal right now and save themselves a bunch of money.
It’s not my team, but if I was Mr. Sabean I’d be negotiating right now.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)