Jan 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Yahoo’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants haven’t talked to Tim Lincecum’s people about settling their arbitration case yet. This makes no sense to me given that Lincecum’s quite reasonable $13 million demand is bound to carry the day.
The math to me seems simple: the Giants can let Lincecum get his $13 million award and set themselves up for a demand approaching, I dunno, $18-20 million for next year alone, or they can try and settle by offering him something like a two-year, $25 million deal right now and save themselves a bunch of money.
It’s not my team, but if I was Mr. Sabean I’d be negotiating right now.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)