Jan 27, 2010, 12:32 AM EST
For those of you who have been wondering (and I know there are a lot of you out there), it appears that Jarrod Washburn will pretty much be choosing between the Mariners and Twins for his pitching home in 2010.
From Jon Paul Morosi of Foxsports.com:
One major-league source said Tuesday that there are “a limited number of places” where the left-hander wants to pitch in 2010.
Minnesota is one place. Seattle is another. And the list may not be much longer than that. A separate source said he would be surprised if Washburn signed with a team other than the Twins or Mariners.
Washburn lives in Wisconsin during the offseason (did you know he went to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh?), so the Twins possess some appeal there, although he has already reportedly turned down a $5-million offer from Minnesota.
The Mariners also would appeal to Washburn, mostly because of Seattle’s ridiculous outfield defense, which played a big role in his 2.64 ERA and 1.068 WHIP in 2009 before the trade to Detroit.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)