Jan 27, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
For those of you who have been wondering (and I know there are a lot of you out there), it appears that Jarrod Washburn will pretty much be choosing between the Mariners and Twins for his pitching home in 2010.
From Jon Paul Morosi of Foxsports.com:
One major-league source said Tuesday that there are “a limited number of places” where the left-hander wants to pitch in 2010.
Minnesota is one place. Seattle is another. And the list may not be much longer than that. A separate source said he would be surprised if Washburn signed with a team other than the Twins or Mariners.
Washburn lives in Wisconsin during the offseason (did you know he went to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh?), so the Twins possess some appeal there, although he has already reportedly turned down a $5-million offer from Minnesota.
The Mariners also would appeal to Washburn, mostly because of Seattle’s ridiculous outfield defense, which played a big role in his 2.64 ERA and 1.068 WHIP in 2009 before the trade to Detroit.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)