Jan 27, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
For those of you who have been wondering (and I know there are a lot of you out there), it appears that Jarrod Washburn will pretty much be choosing between the Mariners and Twins for his pitching home in 2010.
From Jon Paul Morosi of Foxsports.com:
One major-league source said Tuesday that there are “a limited number of places” where the left-hander wants to pitch in 2010.
Minnesota is one place. Seattle is another. And the list may not be much longer than that. A separate source said he would be surprised if Washburn signed with a team other than the Twins or Mariners.
Washburn lives in Wisconsin during the offseason (did you know he went to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh?), so the Twins possess some appeal there, although he has already reportedly turned down a $5-million offer from Minnesota.
The Mariners also would appeal to Washburn, mostly because of Seattle’s ridiculous outfield defense, which played a big role in his 2.64 ERA and 1.068 WHIP in 2009 before the trade to Detroit.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)