Jan 28, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Tyler Kepner caught up with Bernie Williams over the weekend and found that the guy is keeping busy:
These are busy days for Williams, who performs on Monday at
Feinstein’s at Loews Regency on Park Avenue in Manhattan to benefit “Ed
Randall’s Bat for the Cure,” which fights prostate cancer. Williams also appeared at the New York Baseball Writers’ dinner over
the weekend, presenting an award to Mariano Rivera, who was being
honored as the Toast of the Town.
I really don’t care that much about Bernie Williams’ social calendar. I simply link this out of glee that, for the first time in living memory, the spring isn’t starting with one of those “Bernie Williams still thinks he can play and wants an invite to spring training” articles, which always made me kind of sad.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)