Jan 28, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Rosenthal notes that there is a big game of musical chairs afoot when it comes to infielders, and Orlando Hudson is the guy controlling the record player. Specifically, the Nats, Twins, Reds, Tigers Rockies and maybe the Mariners and Rays could all use infield help, while Hudson, Adam Kennedy, Felipe Lopez, Orlando Cabrera and Melvin Mora are all looking for work. Rosenthal calls Hudson “the linchpin,” and that once he signs all of those other guys and teams will pair off.
I think I’ll stop at three metaphors.
Anyway, you know the final embers of the hot stove are starting to cool — four! — when everything that remains to be done depends on a guy who lost his job to Ron Belliard last year.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)