Jan 28, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Rosenthal notes that there is a big game of musical chairs afoot when it comes to infielders, and Orlando Hudson is the guy controlling the record player. Specifically, the Nats, Twins, Reds, Tigers Rockies and maybe the Mariners and Rays could all use infield help, while Hudson, Adam Kennedy, Felipe Lopez, Orlando Cabrera and Melvin Mora are all looking for work. Rosenthal calls Hudson “the linchpin,” and that once he signs all of those other guys and teams will pair off.
I think I’ll stop at three metaphors.
Anyway, you know the final embers of the hot stove are starting to cool — four! — when everything that remains to be done depends on a guy who lost his job to Ron Belliard last year.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)