Jan 28, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
We interrupt this program for some shameless promotion. Partially self-promotion, actually, which you’re used to from me by now, so it shouldn’t be a big deal. Anyway:
As you all know, Aaron, Matthew, D.J., Drew and many others spend a huge amount of their time making your fantasy baseball life better over at Rotoworld. Their biggest labor of love with that stuff, however, is putting together the annual Rotoworld Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide. The 2010 edition is on sale now, and it’s more than worth the Andrew Jackson plus shipping they’re asking for it.
What do you get for your money? Plenty: analysis, projections, and profiles for over 1,000 players ranging down to A-ball. Articles covering prospects, keeper-league strategies, mock drafts, sleepers and busts. There are customizable, printable cheat sheets, updated depth charts for
all teams and all manner of other goodness.
I’m a fantasy baseball moron, but I wrote a couple of articles for the thing too, most notably the 2010 “Year in Preview” in which I make hilarious predictions of what might come to pass this year, such as “Joe Mauer gets his tongue stuck to the flag pole of Target Field, ‘Christmas Story’-style following a triple dog dare.” Of course, the piece went to press before the McGwire stuff broke, rendering my “hilarious” prediction that, no matter how much candor McGwire displays, reporters will still call for him to “come clean” and call him a “distraction” less humorous than prescient. This could bode ill for Joe Mauer.
Anyway, I don’t try to sell you a lot of stuff around here, but the Rotoworld Draft guide is definitely worth buying. Details here. Order here. Operators are out having a smoke break, so some automated order-fulfillment application is standing by!
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)