Jan 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
‘Tis the season. Last night MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo released his Top 50 prospect list. Today Keith Law doubles down and gives you his top 100. They agree that Jason Heyward and Stephen Strasburg are numbers one and two respectively, and they both have Buster Posey at four, but as you might imagine, they diverge from there.
Both Law and Mayo show their work here, providing a summary of the plusses and minuses, but Law’s summaries are a bit more thorough. Both have links to video so you can see a lot of the guys he talks about in action.
If you’re like me, you’ll take these lists, memorize them, and then wildly, wildly overdraft these dudes for your fantasy league, convincing yourself and your mocking competitors that you’re building for the future. I guess what I’m saying is that you should just buy the Rotoworld Guide and call it a day.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)