Jan 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
‘Tis the season. Last night MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo released his Top 50 prospect list. Today Keith Law doubles down and gives you his top 100. They agree that Jason Heyward and Stephen Strasburg are numbers one and two respectively, and they both have Buster Posey at four, but as you might imagine, they diverge from there.
Both Law and Mayo show their work here, providing a summary of the plusses and minuses, but Law’s summaries are a bit more thorough. Both have links to video so you can see a lot of the guys he talks about in action.
If you’re like me, you’ll take these lists, memorize them, and then wildly, wildly overdraft these dudes for your fantasy league, convincing yourself and your mocking competitors that you’re building for the future. I guess what I’m saying is that you should just buy the Rotoworld Guide and call it a day.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)