Jan 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
‘Tis the season. Last night MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo released his Top 50 prospect list. Today Keith Law doubles down and gives you his top 100. They agree that Jason Heyward and Stephen Strasburg are numbers one and two respectively, and they both have Buster Posey at four, but as you might imagine, they diverge from there.
Both Law and Mayo show their work here, providing a summary of the plusses and minuses, but Law’s summaries are a bit more thorough. Both have links to video so you can see a lot of the guys he talks about in action.
If you’re like me, you’ll take these lists, memorize them, and then wildly, wildly overdraft these dudes for your fantasy league, convincing yourself and your mocking competitors that you’re building for the future. I guess what I’m saying is that you should just buy the Rotoworld Guide and call it a day.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)