Jan 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
‘Tis the season. Last night MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo released his Top 50 prospect list. Today Keith Law doubles down and gives you his top 100. They agree that Jason Heyward and Stephen Strasburg are numbers one and two respectively, and they both have Buster Posey at four, but as you might imagine, they diverge from there.
Both Law and Mayo show their work here, providing a summary of the plusses and minuses, but Law’s summaries are a bit more thorough. Both have links to video so you can see a lot of the guys he talks about in action.
If you’re like me, you’ll take these lists, memorize them, and then wildly, wildly overdraft these dudes for your fantasy league, convincing yourself and your mocking competitors that you’re building for the future. I guess what I’m saying is that you should just buy the Rotoworld Guide and call it a day.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)