Jan 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
‘Tis the season. Last night MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo released his Top 50 prospect list. Today Keith Law doubles down and gives you his top 100. They agree that Jason Heyward and Stephen Strasburg are numbers one and two respectively, and they both have Buster Posey at four, but as you might imagine, they diverge from there.
Both Law and Mayo show their work here, providing a summary of the plusses and minuses, but Law’s summaries are a bit more thorough. Both have links to video so you can see a lot of the guys he talks about in action.
If you’re like me, you’ll take these lists, memorize them, and then wildly, wildly overdraft these dudes for your fantasy league, convincing yourself and your mocking competitors that you’re building for the future. I guess what I’m saying is that you should just buy the Rotoworld Guide and call it a day.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 44
- The Nationals and Phillies are nearing a trade for Jonathan Papelbon 25
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 81
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)