Jan 28, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez said yesterday that he’d really like to re-sign with the Nationals, but revealed that he sent the team a contract proposal in December that “did not ask for a lot of money” and general manager Mike Rizzo never even responded.
Here’s more from Hernandez, who went 9-12 with a 5.44 ERA last season after posting a 6.05 ERA in 2008:
We sent a proposal. I’m waiting for Rizzo to call me back, so I don’t know what’s going on. I called him a couple of times, and he never called me back. I want to go back to the Washington Nationals. When I call people, I would like them to respond to my phone calls and talk to me. Sometimes, it’s very disappointing and frustrating. I want to show that I can help the team win.
Sounds very similar to my frustration with Mila Kunis, who absolutely refuses to “respond to my phone calls and talk to me.” Perhaps she’s interested in a washed-up starting pitcher and I can join the Nationals’ rotation? I’m nothing if not flexible.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)