Jan 28, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez said yesterday that he’d really like to re-sign with the Nationals, but revealed that he sent the team a contract proposal in December that “did not ask for a lot of money” and general manager Mike Rizzo never even responded.
Here’s more from Hernandez, who went 9-12 with a 5.44 ERA last season after posting a 6.05 ERA in 2008:
We sent a proposal. I’m waiting for Rizzo to call me back, so I don’t know what’s going on. I called him a couple of times, and he never called me back. I want to go back to the Washington Nationals. When I call people, I would like them to respond to my phone calls and talk to me. Sometimes, it’s very disappointing and frustrating. I want to show that I can help the team win.
Sounds very similar to my frustration with Mila Kunis, who absolutely refuses to “respond to my phone calls and talk to me.” Perhaps she’s interested in a washed-up starting pitcher and I can join the Nationals’ rotation? I’m nothing if not flexible.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (111)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)