Jan 28, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez said yesterday that he’d really like to re-sign with the Nationals, but revealed that he sent the team a contract proposal in December that “did not ask for a lot of money” and general manager Mike Rizzo never even responded.
Here’s more from Hernandez, who went 9-12 with a 5.44 ERA last season after posting a 6.05 ERA in 2008:
We sent a proposal. I’m waiting for Rizzo to call me back, so I don’t know what’s going on. I called him a couple of times, and he never called me back. I want to go back to the Washington Nationals. When I call people, I would like them to respond to my phone calls and talk to me. Sometimes, it’s very disappointing and frustrating. I want to show that I can help the team win.
Sounds very similar to my frustration with Mila Kunis, who absolutely refuses to “respond to my phone calls and talk to me.” Perhaps she’s interested in a washed-up starting pitcher and I can join the Nationals’ rotation? I’m nothing if not flexible.
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (88)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery