Jan 28, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez said yesterday that he’d really like to re-sign with the Nationals, but revealed that he sent the team a contract proposal in December that “did not ask for a lot of money” and general manager Mike Rizzo never even responded.
Here’s more from Hernandez, who went 9-12 with a 5.44 ERA last season after posting a 6.05 ERA in 2008:
We sent a proposal. I’m waiting for Rizzo to call me back, so I don’t know what’s going on. I called him a couple of times, and he never called me back. I want to go back to the Washington Nationals. When I call people, I would like them to respond to my phone calls and talk to me. Sometimes, it’s very disappointing and frustrating. I want to show that I can help the team win.
Sounds very similar to my frustration with Mila Kunis, who absolutely refuses to “respond to my phone calls and talk to me.” Perhaps she’s interested in a washed-up starting pitcher and I can join the Nationals’ rotation? I’m nothing if not flexible.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)