Jan 28, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms the signing. See you in camp, Mr. Edmonds.
2:42 P.M.: Ken Rosenthal tweets that Milwaukee is about to sign Jim Edmonds to a minor league deal. Jimmy presumably wants to make the Cubs and Cardinals rue the day and all of that.
I have a hard time seeing Edmonds make a meaningful comeback at age 39 after a year off, but he hit .250/.362/.521 versus right-handers in 2008, so maybe he could fill a platoon role.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)