Jan 28, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms the signing. See you in camp, Mr. Edmonds.
2:42 P.M.: Ken Rosenthal tweets that Milwaukee is about to sign Jim Edmonds to a minor league deal. Jimmy presumably wants to make the Cubs and Cardinals rue the day and all of that.
I have a hard time seeing Edmonds make a meaningful comeback at age 39 after a year off, but he hit .250/.362/.521 versus right-handers in 2008, so maybe he could fill a platoon role.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)