Jan 28, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms the signing. See you in camp, Mr. Edmonds.
2:42 P.M.: Ken Rosenthal tweets that Milwaukee is about to sign Jim Edmonds to a minor league deal. Jimmy presumably wants to make the Cubs and Cardinals rue the day and all of that.
I have a hard time seeing Edmonds make a meaningful comeback at age 39 after a year off, but he hit .250/.362/.521 versus right-handers in 2008, so maybe he could fill a platoon role.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)