Jan 28, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms the signing. See you in camp, Mr. Edmonds.
2:42 P.M.: Ken Rosenthal tweets that Milwaukee is about to sign Jim Edmonds to a minor league deal. Jimmy presumably wants to make the Cubs and Cardinals rue the day and all of that.
I have a hard time seeing Edmonds make a meaningful comeback at age 39 after a year off, but he hit .250/.362/.521 versus right-handers in 2008, so maybe he could fill a platoon role.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 33
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)