Jan 28, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
The Kansas City Star’s Sam Mellinger says the Royals are showing some interest in Erik Bedard, though he thinks it’s unlikely that they’ll sign him.
Since he’s not yet able to throw for teams following shoulder surgery, the 30-year-old Bedard hasn’t found much of a market for his services. The oft-injured left-hander went 11-7 with a 3.24 ERA in 30 starts during his two years in Seattle. The Mariners have not ruled out re-signing him.
- Report: Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 0
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)