Jan 28, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
The Kansas City Star’s Sam Mellinger says the Royals are showing some interest in Erik Bedard, though he thinks it’s unlikely that they’ll sign him.
Since he’s not yet able to throw for teams following shoulder surgery, the 30-year-old Bedard hasn’t found much of a market for his services. The oft-injured left-hander went 11-7 with a 3.24 ERA in 30 starts during his two years in Seattle. The Mariners have not ruled out re-signing him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)