Jan 28, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
The Kansas City Star’s Sam Mellinger says the Royals are showing some interest in Erik Bedard, though he thinks it’s unlikely that they’ll sign him.
Since he’s not yet able to throw for teams following shoulder surgery, the 30-year-old Bedard hasn’t found much of a market for his services. The oft-injured left-hander went 11-7 with a 3.24 ERA in 30 starts during his two years in Seattle. The Mariners have not ruled out re-signing him.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead