Jan 28, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
The Kansas City Star’s Sam Mellinger says the Royals are showing some interest in Erik Bedard, though he thinks it’s unlikely that they’ll sign him.
Since he’s not yet able to throw for teams following shoulder surgery, the 30-year-old Bedard hasn’t found much of a market for his services. The oft-injured left-hander went 11-7 with a 3.24 ERA in 30 starts during his two years in Seattle. The Mariners have not ruled out re-signing him.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)