Jan 28, 2010, 9:52 AM EST
Those are Cincinnati Enquirer John Fay’s words, who tweets that there’s a lot of activity coming out of the Reds’ front office. He notes that the team called Scott Boras, but he (and others) are doubtful that there’s anything to the Johnny Damon-to-Cincinnati stuff people were talking about yesterday.
Fay thinks the team could be poised to sign either Jonny Gomes or Orlando Cabrera. MLB Trade Rumors notes that Boras’ other free agents include Hank Blalock, Felipe Lopez, Joe Crede, Garret Anderson, Jarrod Washburn, Eric Gagne, Scott Schoeneweis, and Ron Villone, so it could be any of those dudes too.
Whatever the case, it still strikes me that the Reds could use a left fielder.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)