Jan 28, 2010, 9:52 AM EDT
Those are Cincinnati Enquirer John Fay’s words, who tweets that there’s a lot of activity coming out of the Reds’ front office. He notes that the team called Scott Boras, but he (and others) are doubtful that there’s anything to the Johnny Damon-to-Cincinnati stuff people were talking about yesterday.
Fay thinks the team could be poised to sign either Jonny Gomes or Orlando Cabrera. MLB Trade Rumors notes that Boras’ other free agents include Hank Blalock, Felipe Lopez, Joe Crede, Garret Anderson, Jarrod Washburn, Eric Gagne, Scott Schoeneweis, and Ron Villone, so it could be any of those dudes too.
Whatever the case, it still strikes me that the Reds could use a left fielder.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)