Jan 29, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
With the hot stove season winding down, my favorite annual meme begins to pick up steam:
With Spring Training less than three weeks away and arthroscopic
surgery on his left knee more than three months behind him, Griffey
figures to be in much better shape.
“I’m not saying he will look like he did in 1995, but I think
he will look better [than last year],” Mariners head athletic trainer
Rick Griffin said. “I haven’t seen him recently, but he told our
general manager that he will be ‘ripped.’”
He’s ripped, I’m torn. On the one hand I’d obviously like to see Griffey make a meaningful contribution to a team that looks like it’s going places. On the other hand, seeing a future Hall of Famer walk around like Fred Sanford always made me feel a bit better about my own conditioning, and I’m gonna miss that Ken Griffey.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)