Jan 29, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Last night Pablo Sandoval was in San Jose to drop the puck before the San Jose Sharks-Chicago Blackhawks game. Because of that, other Giants’ promotional obligations and the team’s desire to get his beefy butt back into Camp Panda, it was assumed that he would not be participating in tonight’s deciding game of the Venezuelan championship series between the Navegantes del Magallanes and the Leones de Caracas.
But wait? What’s that?! Why, that– that’s Kung-Fu Panda’s music!!! That’s right. Pablo Sandoval just arrived at the ballpark in Caracas via helicopter to lead Navegantes del Magallanes into battle. And it gets better: El Nacional reporter Alexander Mendoza reports that his flight was coordinated by the Venezuelan government just for the occasion.
Of course, it probably helps that Navegantes del Magallanes is reported to be President Hugo Chavez’s favorite team . . .
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)