Jan 29, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
New Stadium Insider got hold of an email exchange between the Yankees’ season ticket sales people and a now former season ticket holder who isn’t doing anything to fight the Yankees-fans-suffer-from-an-overactive-sense-of-entitlement-stereotype:
After an amazing season in which the Yankees brought the trophy back
home, sadly it seems they have lost their focus on winning another
championship this year.
The list of transgressions includes
bringing in players who have already proven they aren’t capable of
succeeding in ny ( nick Johnson and Javier vasquez), destroying the
farm system that was finally being built back up to aquire older
players who have had mediocre careers (granderson) and today the
signing of winn in order to save some money instead of bringing back
one of the most productive players as well as a great teammate, Johnny
Damon was the final straw.
This “fan” then proceeds to write that Brian Cashman doesn’t care about winning, and that “the Boss’s sons are more concerned with a profit margin than winning championships.” He refers to 2008 being a “rebuilding” year for the Yankees in which they “sacrificed” winning in order to ensure a better future, there’s no excuse for it now. He then cancels his season ticket plan.
Look, I would never condone violence, but I’m just sayin': If some Royals or Pirates fans decided to, I dunno, find this guy and beat him with a bag full of doorknobs or something, I probably wouldn’t call the police until after they were finished.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 86
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 92
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (194)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (95)