Jan 29, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
New Stadium Insider got hold of an email exchange between the Yankees’ season ticket sales people and a now former season ticket holder who isn’t doing anything to fight the Yankees-fans-suffer-from-an-overactive-sense-of-entitlement-stereotype:
After an amazing season in which the Yankees brought the trophy back
home, sadly it seems they have lost their focus on winning another
championship this year.
The list of transgressions includes
bringing in players who have already proven they aren’t capable of
succeeding in ny ( nick Johnson and Javier vasquez), destroying the
farm system that was finally being built back up to aquire older
players who have had mediocre careers (granderson) and today the
signing of winn in order to save some money instead of bringing back
one of the most productive players as well as a great teammate, Johnny
Damon was the final straw.
This “fan” then proceeds to write that Brian Cashman doesn’t care about winning, and that “the Boss’s sons are more concerned with a profit margin than winning championships.” He refers to 2008 being a “rebuilding” year for the Yankees in which they “sacrificed” winning in order to ensure a better future, there’s no excuse for it now. He then cancels his season ticket plan.
Look, I would never condone violence, but I’m just sayin': If some Royals or Pirates fans decided to, I dunno, find this guy and beat him with a bag full of doorknobs or something, I probably wouldn’t call the police until after they were finished.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)