Jan 29, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
New Stadium Insider got hold of an email exchange between the Yankees’ season ticket sales people and a now former season ticket holder who isn’t doing anything to fight the Yankees-fans-suffer-from-an-overactive-sense-of-entitlement-stereotype:
After an amazing season in which the Yankees brought the trophy back
home, sadly it seems they have lost their focus on winning another
championship this year.
The list of transgressions includes
bringing in players who have already proven they aren’t capable of
succeeding in ny ( nick Johnson and Javier vasquez), destroying the
farm system that was finally being built back up to aquire older
players who have had mediocre careers (granderson) and today the
signing of winn in order to save some money instead of bringing back
one of the most productive players as well as a great teammate, Johnny
Damon was the final straw.
This “fan” then proceeds to write that Brian Cashman doesn’t care about winning, and that “the Boss’s sons are more concerned with a profit margin than winning championships.” He refers to 2008 being a “rebuilding” year for the Yankees in which they “sacrificed” winning in order to ensure a better future, there’s no excuse for it now. He then cancels his season ticket plan.
Look, I would never condone violence, but I’m just sayin': If some Royals or Pirates fans decided to, I dunno, find this guy and beat him with a bag full of doorknobs or something, I probably wouldn’t call the police until after they were finished.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)