Jan 29, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
New Stadium Insider got hold of an email exchange between the Yankees’ season ticket sales people and a now former season ticket holder who isn’t doing anything to fight the Yankees-fans-suffer-from-an-overactive-sense-of-entitlement-stereotype:
After an amazing season in which the Yankees brought the trophy back
home, sadly it seems they have lost their focus on winning another
championship this year.
The list of transgressions includes
bringing in players who have already proven they aren’t capable of
succeeding in ny ( nick Johnson and Javier vasquez), destroying the
farm system that was finally being built back up to aquire older
players who have had mediocre careers (granderson) and today the
signing of winn in order to save some money instead of bringing back
one of the most productive players as well as a great teammate, Johnny
Damon was the final straw.
This “fan” then proceeds to write that Brian Cashman doesn’t care about winning, and that “the Boss’s sons are more concerned with a profit margin than winning championships.” He refers to 2008 being a “rebuilding” year for the Yankees in which they “sacrificed” winning in order to ensure a better future, there’s no excuse for it now. He then cancels his season ticket plan.
Look, I would never condone violence, but I’m just sayin’: If some Royals or Pirates fans decided to, I dunno, find this guy and beat him with a bag full of doorknobs or something, I probably wouldn’t call the police until after they were finished.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)