Jan 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Silly robot. Craig neatly summed up PECOTA’s projected standings for 2010 earlier this week, as the Rays were predicted to finish in first place with the Yankees in third place and on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Mass hysteria followed. Really angry tweets were sent. Crazy times.
But as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports this morning, due to “errors in computation,” PECOTA has adjusted the standings. The Rays are now projected to finish in the third place at 92-70 while the Red Sox and Yankees are tied at 93-69. This means nothing, of course, besides saying we can expect all three teams to be pretty darn good.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)