Jan 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Silly robot. Craig neatly summed up PECOTA’s projected standings for 2010 earlier this week, as the Rays were predicted to finish in first place with the Yankees in third place and on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Mass hysteria followed. Really angry tweets were sent. Crazy times.
But as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports this morning, due to “errors in computation,” PECOTA has adjusted the standings. The Rays are now projected to finish in the third place at 92-70 while the Red Sox and Yankees are tied at 93-69. This means nothing, of course, besides saying we can expect all three teams to be pretty darn good.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)