Jan 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Silly robot. Craig neatly summed up PECOTA’s projected standings for 2010 earlier this week, as the Rays were predicted to finish in first place with the Yankees in third place and on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Mass hysteria followed. Really angry tweets were sent. Crazy times.
But as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports this morning, due to “errors in computation,” PECOTA has adjusted the standings. The Rays are now projected to finish in the third place at 92-70 while the Red Sox and Yankees are tied at 93-69. This means nothing, of course, besides saying we can expect all three teams to be pretty darn good.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot