Jan 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Silly robot. Craig neatly summed up PECOTA’s projected standings for 2010 earlier this week, as the Rays were predicted to finish in first place with the Yankees in third place and on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Mass hysteria followed. Really angry tweets were sent. Crazy times.
But as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports this morning, due to “errors in computation,” PECOTA has adjusted the standings. The Rays are now projected to finish in the third place at 92-70 while the Red Sox and Yankees are tied at 93-69. This means nothing, of course, besides saying we can expect all three teams to be pretty darn good.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 4
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)