Jan 31, 2010, 8:56 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is back with his usual Sunday column of baseball goodies. Head over there to read the whole thing — where you’ll find an interesting look at the “contract year theory,” as well as updates on Gary Sheffield, Will Ohman, Daisuke Matsuzaka and Jarrod Washburn — but what really caught my eye was his update on Pedro Martinez.
According to Cafardo, a few “baseball people” are linking Martinez with Texas, although there’s “no evidence” of such a marriage yet. The Rangers signed Rich Harden this winter, but lack veteran leadership on the staff after trading Kevin Millwood to the Orioles.
We can all agree that staying in the National League would probably be the best move for the 38-year-old Martinez going forward, but imagine what his presence could do for fellow Dominican Neftali Feliz, who already looks brilliant at the tender age of 21.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness