Jan 31, 2010, 8:56 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is back with his usual Sunday column of baseball goodies. Head over there to read the whole thing — where you’ll find an interesting look at the “contract year theory,” as well as updates on Gary Sheffield, Will Ohman, Daisuke Matsuzaka and Jarrod Washburn — but what really caught my eye was his update on Pedro Martinez.
According to Cafardo, a few “baseball people” are linking Martinez with Texas, although there’s “no evidence” of such a marriage yet. The Rangers signed Rich Harden this winter, but lack veteran leadership on the staff after trading Kevin Millwood to the Orioles.
We can all agree that staying in the National League would probably be the best move for the 38-year-old Martinez going forward, but imagine what his presence could do for fellow Dominican Neftali Feliz, who already looks brilliant at the tender age of 21.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)