Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Note: This story isn’t recommended for those with a weak stomach.
Lance Broadway, a former first-round pick of the White Sox in 2005, has been accused of a brutal assault of a man at a New Year’s Eve party in Dallas.
Randy Sorrels, attorney for 25-year-old Ivan Pinney, said his client’s
left eye was severely damaged when he was punched and kicked by Broadway and Cameron McGuire, who plays for United League
Baseball’s Edinburg Roadrunners. You can see pictures of the victim here, but I’ll warn you, they are extremely graphic.
Pinney tells ABC 13 in Houston that he was beaten so severely that he has completely lost the vision out of his left eye, as well as his sense of smell. He has already filed a civil suit against the two. The Dallas police have opened an investigation on the matter and Broadway and McGuire have been named as suspects in an aggravated assault.
Broadway, 26, pitched with the White Sox and Mets last season, but signed with the Blue Jays on a minor league contract this winter.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)