Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Note: This story isn’t recommended for those with a weak stomach.
Lance Broadway, a former first-round pick of the White Sox in 2005, has been accused of a brutal assault of a man at a New Year’s Eve party in Dallas.
Randy Sorrels, attorney for 25-year-old Ivan Pinney, said his client’s
left eye was severely damaged when he was punched and kicked by Broadway and Cameron McGuire, who plays for United League
Baseball’s Edinburg Roadrunners. You can see pictures of the victim here, but I’ll warn you, they are extremely graphic.
Pinney tells ABC 13 in Houston that he was beaten so severely that he has completely lost the vision out of his left eye, as well as his sense of smell. He has already filed a civil suit against the two. The Dallas police have opened an investigation on the matter and Broadway and McGuire have been named as suspects in an aggravated assault.
Broadway, 26, pitched with the White Sox and Mets last season, but signed with the Blue Jays on a minor league contract this winter.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)