Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Note: This story isn’t recommended for those with a weak stomach.
Lance Broadway, a former first-round pick of the White Sox in 2005, has been accused of a brutal assault of a man at a New Year’s Eve party in Dallas.
Randy Sorrels, attorney for 25-year-old Ivan Pinney, said his client’s
left eye was severely damaged when he was punched and kicked by Broadway and Cameron McGuire, who plays for United League
Baseball’s Edinburg Roadrunners. You can see pictures of the victim here, but I’ll warn you, they are extremely graphic.
Pinney tells ABC 13 in Houston that he was beaten so severely that he has completely lost the vision out of his left eye, as well as his sense of smell. He has already filed a civil suit against the two. The Dallas police have opened an investigation on the matter and Broadway and McGuire have been named as suspects in an aggravated assault.
Broadway, 26, pitched with the White Sox and Mets last season, but signed with the Blue Jays on a minor league contract this winter.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)