Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Note: This story isn’t recommended for those with a weak stomach.
Lance Broadway, a former first-round pick of the White Sox in 2005, has been accused of a brutal assault of a man at a New Year’s Eve party in Dallas.
Randy Sorrels, attorney for 25-year-old Ivan Pinney, said his client’s
left eye was severely damaged when he was punched and kicked by Broadway and Cameron McGuire, who plays for United League
Baseball’s Edinburg Roadrunners. You can see pictures of the victim here, but I’ll warn you, they are extremely graphic.
Pinney tells ABC 13 in Houston that he was beaten so severely that he has completely lost the vision out of his left eye, as well as his sense of smell. He has already filed a civil suit against the two. The Dallas police have opened an investigation on the matter and Broadway and McGuire have been named as suspects in an aggravated assault.
Broadway, 26, pitched with the White Sox and Mets last season, but signed with the Blue Jays on a minor league contract this winter.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)