Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Note: This story isn’t recommended for those with a weak stomach.
Lance Broadway, a former first-round pick of the White Sox in 2005, has been accused of a brutal assault of a man at a New Year’s Eve party in Dallas.
Randy Sorrels, attorney for 25-year-old Ivan Pinney, said his client’s
left eye was severely damaged when he was punched and kicked by Broadway and Cameron McGuire, who plays for United League
Baseball’s Edinburg Roadrunners. You can see pictures of the victim here, but I’ll warn you, they are extremely graphic.
Pinney tells ABC 13 in Houston that he was beaten so severely that he has completely lost the vision out of his left eye, as well as his sense of smell. He has already filed a civil suit against the two. The Dallas police have opened an investigation on the matter and Broadway and McGuire have been named as suspects in an aggravated assault.
Broadway, 26, pitched with the White Sox and Mets last season, but signed with the Blue Jays on a minor league contract this winter.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)