Jan 31, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
Update: He’ll earn $1.3 million, tweets Rosenthal.
11:53 am: Many expected one to follow the other, and true to form, after Orlando Cabrera signed with the Reds, the Rockies inked Melvin Mora to a one-year contract, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com. Terms of the contract aren’t yet available.
Mora, who turns 38 next month, batted .260/.321/.358 with eight home runs and 48 RBI in tumultuous year with the Orioles last season. He battled with manager Dave Trembley after being benched and went over two months without hitting a home run. Nobody wanted to take a chance on his fading production as a starting player, so he’ll have to embrace the role of a utility man, similar to the early days of his major league career with the Mets and Orioles.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)