Jan 31, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
Update: He’ll earn $1.3 million, tweets Rosenthal.
11:53 am: Many expected one to follow the other, and true to form, after Orlando Cabrera signed with the Reds, the Rockies inked Melvin Mora to a one-year contract, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com. Terms of the contract aren’t yet available.
Mora, who turns 38 next month, batted .260/.321/.358 with eight home runs and 48 RBI in tumultuous year with the Orioles last season. He battled with manager Dave Trembley after being benched and went over two months without hitting a home run. Nobody wanted to take a chance on his fading production as a starting player, so he’ll have to embrace the role of a utility man, similar to the early days of his major league career with the Mets and Orioles.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)