Feb 1, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that Former Dbacks closer Byung-Hyun Kim is coming out of retirement and has agreed to a minor league deal with the Giants.
We last heard from Kim about a year ago, when he was unable to join up with his South Korean teammates for practice at the World Baseball
Classic because he lost his passport. Last we heard before that was when he lost his control, lost his velocity and lost effectiveness, all sometime around 2003.
In other words, nice signing, Mr. Sabean.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)