Feb 1, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that Former Dbacks closer Byung-Hyun Kim is coming out of retirement and has agreed to a minor league deal with the Giants.
We last heard from Kim about a year ago, when he was unable to join up with his South Korean teammates for practice at the World Baseball
Classic because he lost his passport. Last we heard before that was when he lost his control, lost his velocity and lost effectiveness, all sometime around 2003.
In other words, nice signing, Mr. Sabean.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)