Feb 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Today is the first day of the Atlanta Braves’ voluntary pitching camp at Turner Field. The AJC’s David O’Brien reports on a meme getting tuned upside-down:
packed on a little winter weight during his 3 months back in Australia.
“Meat pies,” he said of the diet staple in his homeland.
Of course Aussies get everything backwards. I mean, they think it’s summer down there right now for cryin’ out loud. Hellllooooo, Australians . . .it’s February! That’s winter, duh.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)