Feb 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Today is the first day of the Atlanta Braves’ voluntary pitching camp at Turner Field. The AJC’s David O’Brien reports on a meme getting tuned upside-down:
packed on a little winter weight during his 3 months back in Australia.
“Meat pies,” he said of the diet staple in his homeland.
Of course Aussies get everything backwards. I mean, they think it’s summer down there right now for cryin’ out loud. Hellllooooo, Australians . . .it’s February! That’s winter, duh.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)