Feb 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Today is the first day of the Atlanta Braves’ voluntary pitching camp at Turner Field. The AJC’s David O’Brien reports on a meme getting tuned upside-down:
packed on a little winter weight during his 3 months back in Australia.
“Meat pies,” he said of the diet staple in his homeland.
Of course Aussies get everything backwards. I mean, they think it’s summer down there right now for cryin’ out loud. Hellllooooo, Australians . . .it’s February! That’s winter, duh.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 8
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 55
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 50
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)