Feb 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Today is the first day of the Atlanta Braves’ voluntary pitching camp at Turner Field. The AJC’s David O’Brien reports on a meme getting tuned upside-down:
packed on a little winter weight during his 3 months back in Australia.
“Meat pies,” he said of the diet staple in his homeland.
Of course Aussies get everything backwards. I mean, they think it’s summer down there right now for cryin’ out loud. Hellllooooo, Australians . . .it’s February! That’s winter, duh.
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 37
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 17
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 43
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)