Feb 1, 2010, 7:58 AM EDT
When you’re coming in the kitchen, you better bring the noise.
— Dustin Pedroia on WEEI’s Mut & Bradford Show on Saturday talking about liking to hit high inside fastballs. I shouldn’t make fun of ballplayers for mixing their metaphors, however. They’re paid to hit, not to speak, and given that they’re not always the most well-spoken of gentlemen, it would be like shooting monkeys in a barrel.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)