Feb 1, 2010, 7:58 AM EST
When you’re coming in the kitchen, you better bring the noise.
— Dustin Pedroia on WEEI’s Mut & Bradford Show on Saturday talking about liking to hit high inside fastballs. I shouldn’t make fun of ballplayers for mixing their metaphors, however. They’re paid to hit, not to speak, and given that they’re not always the most well-spoken of gentlemen, it would be like shooting monkeys in a barrel.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)