Feb 1, 2010, 7:58 AM EDT
When you’re coming in the kitchen, you better bring the noise.
— Dustin Pedroia on WEEI’s Mut & Bradford Show on Saturday talking about liking to hit high inside fastballs. I shouldn’t make fun of ballplayers for mixing their metaphors, however. They’re paid to hit, not to speak, and given that they’re not always the most well-spoken of gentlemen, it would be like shooting monkeys in a barrel.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 20
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)